Pikachu

Pikachu
Hehe...

Friday, April 2, 2010

Katie Spears
Laura Darrow
English 101
April 2, 2010

Collected Links

I have narrowed down my job of choice to Grief (Bereavement) Counseling.

1.www.apa.org/careers/resources/guides/careers.aspx : The American Psychological Association is a very credible group dedicated to the study of psychology. There site has a lot of resources on Psychology and what it is. There are links to different areas of study and the outlooks on the specific area. One link that I really thought would be useful to me for the paper is one regarding student resources. The student resources gives you information on different undergraduate and graduate programs available and the different opportunities for students.

2. http://everydaypsychology.com/2009/07/how-is-mourning-possible.html : This blog by Paul G. Mattiuzzi, Ph.D., has a bunch of information on different fields of study in Psychology. He not only has articles and others comments but also (obviously) has his own blogs and input. There is even one blog that really was just what I needed that talks all about Bereavement counseling and the mourning process. I also googled Paul G. Mattiuzzi and found that he is a Medical Health Psychologist from Sacramento California. I could find many resources on him and his work so I believe he is well accredited.

3. http://proquest.umi.com.proxy.yc.edu :This article I found on proquest which is a wonderful source and reliable. The article is featured in Counseling Psychology Quarterly. The reading touches on grief and counseling in primary care. This article not only touches on the specific field I am interested in but also gives me some other working areas I could check out. Broadens my outlook on how far I can go with my specific field of study.

4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grief_counseling : This Wikipedia page is amazing. I can definitely go off this page to find some very useful stuff. This page not only gave me info on Grief Counseling (Bereavement Counseling) but also gave me some common controversies! That is one area I was lacking any information. With the information given to me from this age I can now better investigate the controversies in the field of psychology I have chosen to do my paper on.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete